"The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter." - Winston Churchill

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Never Ending Argument of Abortion

       In a blog post written by Steven he discusses the issue on abortion and the newish law that is threatening to shut down many clinics in Texas. The whole feud has been around since abortions could be preformed I suppose, with half opposed and half for. Really it all just comes to personal opinion, I've heard outstanding arguments from both ends. Steven suggests that if you are against the bill (in favor of keeping the clinics around) then you have no heart. As bold of a statement as that is I would have to disagree, still with the knowledge that I do in fact have a heart. I believe in pro-choice in most situations, and this topic just falls into one of my pro-choice categories. If a mother and father, seeing as he has the stones to stick around, aren't suited for a child and just plainly don't want a kid they shouldn't have to maintain that burden. I know that does sound heartless but I've known people in the situation where if they actually had the kid it would have ended their dreams in life. Honestly, I don't remember anything from about 3 years old and less. I know it is kind of considered a "human" while it's in the womb, but it's just my belief that the parents should be able to choose whether or not they have a kid that could potentially cripple them financially and mentally. Of course I'm not going to be happy and throw a party if someone I knew were to get an abortion. It would strictly be their business and nothing more, I'm sure they had their own reasons and none of that is anyone else's business.

No comments:

Post a Comment